For an online Bank/Fintech we are recruiting a Model Validator. As a model validator you are part of the FRM department within Risk Management & Compliance and will report to the Head of Financial Risk Management (FRM) department of the organization. Your activities and responsibilities includes:
- performing the validation for quantitative models, including banking book models (client behaviour and ALM/IRRBB models), IFRS9 and ICAAP/ILAAP models used withinthe organization, independent from model owners and business users;
- performing an assessment on the model’s integrity, including the performance of the model and the ongoing appropriateness of its specification;
- present the model validation opinion, encompassing both quantitative and qualitative assessment of the model, to the organizations Model Validation Committee.
About the department
The FRM team is responsible for the overall management of financial risks within the organization. The team advices the Risk Committees, as well as the Executive and Supervisory Board on the risk profile of the orgaization. Other responsibilities of the team are, among others:
- developing and implementing policies and guidelines in areas such as economic capital, stress testing, credit risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk and model risk management;
- assessing financial transactions that have impact on the bank’s risk profile;
- assessing the SREP process of the bank, including ICAAP and ILAAP;
- providing risk reports to the ALCO and other risk committees;
- performing model validation for financial risk, ALM and capital models within the bank.
- A university degree (PhD or MSc) in a quantitative field (econometrics, mathematics, physics or engineering)
- At least 3 years working experience in relevant fields (financial modelling or risk management in financial industries);
- Programming experience in e.g. Matlab or R;
- Strong analytical skills, and result driven;
- Excellent communication, writing and reporting skills.
Are you interested in joining our client? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the application process, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier at patricia@himanagement or 0630400141