My client is an online broker that serves both individual and professional investors. They offer broad market access through a fast, high-performance online platform. They are currently operating in 18 countries in Europe, servicing over 475.000 clients and this number is growing every day. In 2014 they started with 40 employees, today they are with more than 200 employees, with over 30 different nationalities. They are currently looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Senior Financial Risk Manager to set up Financial Risk Management and enforce the 2nd line Risk Management team. The Senior Financial Risk Manager has a separate and independent function in order to facilitate the creation and maintenance of a robust organization. Since this is a new rol and you are part of an new and enthusiastic team, you will have a unique opportunity to really put your ideas in the field of financial risk management into practice and make your mark in the organization!
- Proactively identify potential problems before they occur so that risk-handling activities can be planned and invoked with regard to credit risks and market risks.
- Help the organization setting the right priorities with regard to financial risks by challenging and advising first-line departments.
- Help relevant stakeholders to get a clear view on the level of being in control through the set-up and execution of a monitoring and reporting cycle.
- Increase & improve the financial risk awareness within the organization; motivate and make the organization aware of financial risk management.
- Remain well informed of new developments in the area of financial risk management.
- At least a Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Econometrics, Math and/or post-graduate level in a relevant subject.
- A minimum of 8 years’ working experience in the financial markets and understand financial markets products (such as FX and IR derivatives).
- Demonstrable experience with risk management and risk modelling techniques (such as margin calculations, value-at-risk and stress testing).
- Professional English working proficiency.
- Preferably CFA/VBA/FRM certification and experience with ICAAP.
- Able to switch from strategic and conceptual thinking to performing operational and hands-on activities.
- Flexible, yet able to keep your back straight at important moments.
- Able to apply a clear and to-the-point communication style, both orally and in writing.
- Organizational sensitive, self-starting and intrinsically motivated to function with a high degree of integrity and responsibility.
My client offers
- Relevant certification and education.
- A challenging full-time job in an international and fast-growing company.
- A competitive salary.
- A lot of freedom executing your role and a chance to shape your own career.
- The opportunity to Participate in a new, enthusiastic team of likeminded professionals.