Are you passionate about solving complex puzzles and coming up with pragmatic solutions which enhance the (credit) risk management function of a small innovative bank. Then join my client as a Senior Credit Risk Manager.
The Credit Risk Management (CRM) department facilitates the implementation of a sound risk management framework throughout the organization and further identifies, monitors, analyses, measures, manages and reports on all credit risks and forms a holistic view on all these risks. CRM as the second line function also challenges and assists in the implementation of credit risk management measures by the business in order to ensure that the process and controls in place at the first line of defence are properly designed and effective.
The banking industry is changing rapidly, and therefore my client is also always on the move to keep in pace with market demands as well as customer expectations. Because of that, the CRM team is involved in run as well as change; on a daily basis they monitor and challenge the credit risk positions as well as adherence to relevant regulation. They look to enhance their team with a dedicated Credit Risk Manager with a focus on data analysis and reporting.
Your main focus and responsibilities;
- You will be a member of a diverse team of credit risk managers and modelers, reporting directly to the Head of Credit Risk;
- You will play a lead role in the analysis of loan data, populate credit risk reports and present the information to relevant stakeholders such as the Credit Risk Committee;
- Work together with colleagues on specific tasks and initiatives such as the embedding of a new limit framework, a revision of the credit risk reports and implementation of a reporting tool;
- Take ownership for improvement of data management and data quality controls, support the migration to a new data environment;
- Work closely together with the Credit Portfolio Management team in the 1st-line of defense in analyzing loan performance and trends in the risk profile;
- Support the improvement of the bank’s risk governance and control framework including policies, process optimization and risk awareness;
- Implement best practices on credit risk management, monitor the regulatory and macroeconomic environment and latest trends, being able to provide opinions and advice on potential impact of these trends on the risk profile.
The Credit Risk Management team (CRM) consists of 9 dedicated risk specialists; who from a second line perspective maintain the credit risk framework of the bank. In this we work closely with other teams within the bank. Joining the Risk team you work together with ambitious colleagues and we provide you with a stimulating environment. The CRM team is part of the Risk and Compliance department. You report to the Head of Credit Risk Management.
My client is looking for a motivated professional with ambitions to grow in the field of credit risk. More specifically, please check if you can tick the boxes on the following requirements:
- An academic degree (MSc) in an economic or quantitative discipline (e.g. econometrics, quantitative finance, economics). CFA or FRM certificate would be a plus;
- A minimum 5 years of experience in credit risk at a bank or financial institution;
- Skills and the ability to work together with team members in order to successfully complete projects;
- Experience with all of the following is preferred: Expected (Credit) Loss, Credit Ratings, EBA guidelines, Non-Performing Loans , Risk Reporting, Stress Testing;
- Skilled with management and analysis of large data sets, at least some experience in programming, in this role you will make use of SQL with come coding in R;
- Some experience with reporting tools/builders (such as Power BI);
- Being able to translate model outputs in meaningful information for risk management purposes;
- Team player who can adapt and learn at a quick pace.
Are you interested in joining our client? We look forward to receiving your cv. For more information about the role, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 0630400141
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuur je je sollicitatie naar email@example.com