As Deputy Head Financial Analyst it is your role to provide the management of my client with accurate and optimal steering information.
For the monthly and quartely management reporting you manage the collection of data and information and translate this into key business insights. Furthermore you develop and optimize formats and models, and interpret, assess, monitor and analyze financial data, business cases and strategic initiatives.
Within this role you are responsible for taking the lead in providing the content for all the management information reports (IFRS, Solvency II, Capital generation). You are also responsible for:
- Support the Monthly Business Review /Quarterly Business Review, financial planning processes (BMTP/Forecasting) and ORSA, including development of short- and long-term plans and goals.
- Improving routine reporting and analysis to facilitate and highlight monthly financial variances, identifies trends vs. single events in the numbers.
- Identify and monitor key performance metrics and align with other FP&A functions on the key performance metrics within their scope.
- Perform ad hoc analysis requests from Senior Management, the Management Board or other stakeholders (Group, DNB, AFM) regarding financial aspects of the businesses to facilitate internal decision taking to drive business results.
- Upon request analyse and challenge strategic initiatives in cooperation with the local business controllers based on high-quality business cases with clear objectives, milestones and deliverables.
- University degree in Actuarial Sciences, Econometrics or Financial Management or Accounting.
- Living in The Netherlands.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the field of Non-Life for a financial institution or financial consultancy.
- You are a positive and pro-active team player, analytical and results driven.
- You have proven experience in (setting up) financial models.
- You have experience in assessing and analysing business performance, challenging business strategies, ability to present and interpret the results of the assessment, ability to conduct complex financial research autonomously.
- Excellent communication skills: providing information, listening, and most importantly, convincing.
- Proficient in English, both in writing and verbally.
- Proficient in Dutch speaking and understanding.
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills.
The department Financial Planning and Analysis Non-Life is part of the Finance department of my client and is responsible for providing meaningful financial and non-financial information. They monitor financial product performance, cost control and perform ad hoc analysis of activities of Non-Life. Furthermore they are responsible for external financial reporting to all stakeholders of Non-Life while maintaining a highly efficient and effective reporting platform with high quality internal control procedures.
Are you interested in joining our client? We look forward to receiving your resume. For more information about the role, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier @ email@example.com or 0630400141