Are you looking for a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Do you want to work at one of the largest Dutch financial institutions? Do you want to make the organization stronger with your knowledge and experience in the field of finance? Then apply as a Financial Controller
The Financial Controller Holding is responsible for all management information reports in line with IFRS, Solvency II and Market Consistent Valuation. The aim is to facilitate internal decision-making and to stimulate and improve business results. But that is just one aspect of this very broad role within the center of the Finance organization.
- Take the lead in the substantive delivery of all management information reports for the Dutch organization in line with IFRS, Solvency II and Market Consistent Valuation;
- Improve routine reporting and analysis to facilitate and highlight monthly financial differences to identify individual events versus trends in numbers;
- Think along on standardization, optimalization and automating data needed for analysis (e.g. Power BI and Dashboards);
- Provide information and analysis related to financial aspects of the companies to facilitate internal decision making to drive business results;
- Identify and monitor key performance metrics and align with Business Control functions;
- Carrying out ad hoc analysis requests from Senior Management, Board of Directors or other stakeholders (Group, DNB, AFM);
- Support and continuously optimize the Monthly Business Review/Quarterly Business Review, financial planning processes (BMTP/Forecasting), including development of short- and long-term plans and goals for the organization;
- Analyzing and challenging strategic initiatives in collaboration with the local business controllers based on high-quality business cases with clear objectives, milestones and deliverables;
- Be a first point of contact for external auditors
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses;
- Support for merger and acquisition activities;
- Project participation (e.g. the IFRS 17 project);
- Managing the Finance NL control landscape and monitoring quality of control.
- Execution of IFRS quarterly and annual closings.
As a Financial Controller you are an experienced and knowledgeable sparring partner for the various stakeholders. You are a connecting, analytical, convincing and hands-on person, who values integrity. You communicate clearly, you are adept at advising, you create support within your team and the organization as a whole and you get people on your side. Ability to influence the organization in a decisive but also sensitive way. You actively seek collaboration with colleagues within the oganization, both on a national and international level. In addition, you meet the following requirements:
- A completed master’s degree in Business Economics or Accountancy, supplemented with ACCA or CA;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of (internal) audit or finance at a financial institution and/or accountancy firm;
- You have thorough knowledge & demonstrable experience in the field of IFRS 9 or 17, possibly supplemented with Solvency II legislation;
- Connecting personality, focused on collaboration;
- Impact and full discussion partner at all levels;
- Authentic and initiating;
- Customer-oriented and excellent communication skills;
- You are a team player with a sense of humor;
- You have a healthy ambition and are permanently improvement oriented;
- Fluent in English (both written and oral).
My client is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, offering life insurance, pensions and asset management. My clients goal is to help people facilitate a lifetime of financial security.
The FR&O Reporting department is part of the FR&O Finance department. The primary purpose of FR&O Reporting is to provide the Board of Directors and the Supervisory Board, the international holding company and external stakeholders with meaningful financial and non-financial information (e.g. capital, income, balance sheet, sales, etc.) . To achieve this, FR&O Reporting implements and maintains adequate reporting systems that enable statutory and consolidated reporting on key financial measures based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Solvency II and Market Consistent Valuation.
Are you interested in joining our client? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 0630400141
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuur je je sollicitatie naar email@example.com