I am looking for a new Head of Market Risk Management. The role is characterized by a significant amount of complexity and dynamics in products, type of business, regulation and governance and operates in a global context. Within the scope of Market Risk Management are the portfolios of Global Markets (e.g. Rates, Foreign Exchange, Credit, Commodities and Equities) but also the market risk within Treasury and the residual market risks of the activities within the organization.
- You look after the optimal development opportunities for the members of the team, next to achieving the departmental objectives.
- You support and advise Market Risk Officers with their analysis and day-today risk management.
- You assess market and other risks for new product proposals, one-offs, limit proposals and new activities & locations abroad.
- You ensure that business proposals clearly identify all risks and are in line with the stated risk appetite, policy and risk/return ratios.
- You follow market developments in the areas of Market Risk best practices, product developments, liquidity of products and give advice for further optimization of the Market Risk Framework.
- You are responsible for the daily adherence of the business to the agreed risk appetite and the associated limit/risk framework.
- You contribute to the optimization of processes within the market risk systems globally and monitor the operational risk profile. You are aware of the assumptions within the Risk Framework and know what the limitations are
- You express the vision of Market Risk Management and know how to recognize and mobilize stakeholders and commitment needed for relevant developments regarding Market Risk Management.
- You review and sign off reports for external parties (including the regulators), such as back-testing analysis, market risk solvency reports, stress tests, market risk reporting in annual reports or other external publications.
Your working environment
The head of Market Risk Management is member of the MT Market & ALM/T Risk, Business Risk Committee (BRC) Trading, Methodology Acceptance Group (MAG) Trading and acts as discussion partner of senior counterparts both within as well as outside Risk Management.
The Head of Market Risk Management
- Directly manages the Market Risk Management team consisting of approximately 6 FTE (consisting of Market Risk Officers in of different seniority levels).
- Is functionally responsible for approximately 5 FTE in foreign locations in who are in charge of 2nd line market risk management locally.
- Is sponsor of all Market Risk related change programs.
- Represents the organization towards the regulators (e.g. ECB, DNB) for Market Risk Management related topics.
- Master or PhD in Economics, Finance, Econometrics, Mathematics or a similar.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of experience in Market Risk Management, ALM or a Trading related role.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an equivalent management function. ·
- Strong personality, able to challenge but also to seek a mutually satisfactory solution on risk topics.
- Team player, with a natural drive and enthusiasm.
- Fluent in English both verbal and written.
- A thorough knowledge of market risk.
- A thorough knowledge of financial markets and trading products.
- A thorough knowledge of Market Risk Management business needs and processes.
- A thorough knowledge of pricing and market risk models.
- A good knowledge of capital management, regulatory requirements and upcoming regulatory changes.
- A good knowledge of the strategy and (international) organization of a bank.
- A good knowledge of (inter)national social, economic and monetary developments. · Knowledge of related topics such as Counterparty Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Finance and IT.
- Proven knowledge of transaction, product and business approval processes.
- Proven quantitative insight and analytical skills.
Risk Management is responsible for maintaining a healthy balance between risk and return from the perspective of a moderate risk profile. The department Market and ALM Risk acts as the second line of defence for market risk, liquidity risk and capital for the whole organization. It ensures that the business operates within the agreed risk framework. In addition, the department is responsible for the interpretation and implementation of new regulation, for the review of internal policies and providing risk opinions on new business proposals. The department is divided in three groups namely: Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book, Liquidity & Capital Risk Management and Market Risk Management. The department consists of around 21 FTE.
Are you a EU resident, preferably living in The Netherlands? Are you interested in joining our client? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the application process, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier at patricia@himanagement or 0630400141