Are you up for the challenge to help my client transit to the new pension system?
This is what you do as a Pricing Actuary
We are looking for a Senior Pricing Actuary who can help my client in the transition towards the new pension system. As a result of this transition, my client needs to further develop its products that are related to defined contribution schemes such as spouse pensions and annuities. In addition, we will keep facilitating changes on in-force defined benefit schemes such as indexations. If you are the one who likes to be part of this business change from an actuarial perspective, than this position is suited for you!
More specifically, your key responsibilities are as follows:
- Support product development from a pricing perspective.
- Drive the annual repricing where all actuarial parameters are updated and translated in actuarial and commercial pricing for all products.
- Improve pricing models and methodology based on both internal and external developments.
- Support the explanation of profitability results from underlying pricing assumptions and deviations in actuals.
- Support the maintenance of our models in a controlled way.
- Work with the business on ad hoc requests from clients.
- Manage model validations for models in your scope.
- Coaching of more junior team members.
Who will be your new colleagues
The department Finance Life is responsible for the pricing of my clients pension products. It is located in the Life business unit close to the commercial business teams and other finance teams focused on life. There is also a strong link with the risk methodology team that provides relevant actuarial parameters.
The other finance teams in Life are the financial planning and analysis team (FP&A, reporting to the same manager) and the actuarial team. Together these report to the Head of Finance Life. The finance life team consists of two pricing owners, a pricing actuary and two students that support the team. FP&A currently has four analysts.
This is you future position, because you
- Have a master’s in a quantitative field (Actuarial Sciences, Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, etc)
- Are fluent in Dutch
- Have 5+ years of relevant work experience within a financial institution or financial consultancy
- Have solid knowledge of actuarial pricing, preferably on the pensions side.
- Have a proven track record in setting up and maintaining (pricing) models.
And you recognize yourself in:
- Excellent analytic skills and result driven
- Strong commitment
- Problem solver
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
Come as you are. My client has an open workplace with positive vibes. They are inclusive of all nationalities, races and genders.
Are you interested in joining our client? We look forward to receiving your cv. For more information about the role, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier @ email@example.com or 0630400141