We are looking for a highly responsible and engaging Interim Program Lead Freight Forwarders who is driven by the satisfaction of knowing they are transforming the container shipping industry. This role will appeal to individuals who want to influence the key freight forwarders to achieve the ambitious goal of 100% adoption of electronic Bill of Lading (eBL). The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of the latest trends in global supply chain management, international trade and what key factors will attract the freight forwarders to adopt eBL. We are seeking someone who is experienced and skilled at fostering collaboration between different groups and who will be able to engage primarily the freight forwarders and carriers, and where required banks, solution providers and other stakeholders in the eBL process.
Promoting eBL and interoperability, in general, is recognized to be critical for the success of driving the digitalisation of trade via ocean container shipping. Some freight forwarders are more ready and forward-thinking than others in terms of testing, adopting and advocating for eBL and interoperability. My clients freight forwarders program aims to bring together the top players in the field as early adopters to test the eBL and interoperability standards and bring in their trade partners (including carriers, BCOs, banks and insurers) to build the critical mass and accelerate eBL adoption. In the program, we will provide the necessary functional & technical tools to support freight forwarder onboarding. Targeted communications and education programs will also be launched to raise general awareness of digital trade in the industry, reinforce its importance, drive the strategic direction/mindset of the key decision-makers in the freight forwarders segment, and promote advocacy.
As the successful candidate for this role, your job will be to drive the freight forwarders program to support my clients ambition of 100% eBL adoption. You will be expected to:
- Develop/execute the freight forwarders plan and drive freight forwarders engagement towards 100% eBL adoption
- Initiate and lead freight forwarders collaboration to convert from paper BL to eBL
- Define and execute key activities, i.e. webinars, promotional activities, round tables, PoCs, 1-on-1s, etc.
- Align with other stakeholders, such as ICC, ESC, FIT alliance, etc.
- Support freight forwarders participants to implement eBL pilots
- Provide input to the design and development of the eBL adoption toolkits
- Support the Marketing & Partnership team to develop freight forwarders success stories and communication/education program
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in Program Management, Project Management, Business Development or Marketing
- Knowledge & experience in container shipping and/or freight forwarding
- Extensive experience in working for/with freight forwarders
- Extensive stakeholder management skills
- Analytical problem solving skills
- A strong track-record of effective teamworking
- The ability to self-start on projects
- A proactive mindset
For this role we are looking for a contractor. We do not offer relocation or immigration services (VISA). You must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
Are you interested in this interim role? We look forward to receiving your cv. For more information about the role, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-30400141
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuur je je sollicitatie naar email@example.com