Are you ready for the next challenge and do you want to join The Risk Management team of my client, one of the world’s leading asset investment managers? They offer you an international working environment with driven colleagues and the opportunity to work on a wide range of risk management topics. Are you able to thoroughly understand complex issues and are you able to identify and summarize the most important risks for senior management? Do you get energy from training and guiding employees in the business? Then please read on!
About the role
You will work in the Operational Risk Management EMEA team, which is part of the Risk Management & Compliance Department. This department is responsible for coordinating risk management for both the corporate side and real estate investments. In this ‘second line of defense’ function you work together with other ”second line” teams, such as Legal, Tax, Insurance Risk and Compliance. You will also have a lot of contact with the business teams in the different countries in EMEA.
It is a head office function where you are asked to support the countries in EMEA and to visit them periodically for training and monitoring. The department also coordinates the preparation of integrated risk reports and the Risk Management Committee.
- Act as an EMEA point of contact for risk management topics
- Advising and challenging senior management
- Assisting first-line employees in performing risk management tasks
- Collecting and reporting on operational risks to management and supervisors
- Maintaining risk management policies
- Monitoring the effectiveness of relevant policies
- Managing the EMEA risk & control framework and testing the controls
- Coordinate the service provider due diligence and incident management process
- Perform service provider due diligence on major providers
- Preparation of ISAE reporting and supervision of external auditor during testing
- Coordinate communication with external depositary banks
- Identify operational risks and estimate the size
- Preparing and performing periodic risk assessments
- Participating in Valuation committees and Portfolio Performance
- Reviews and challenging the first line on portfolio and financial risk management
- Participate on an ad hoc basis in projects in the field of organizational change
What do you have to offer us?
- Bachelor+ / Master with a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in the field of ORM/ Audit
- Good understanding of Risk Management frameworks and control frameworks such as COSO and Cobit
- Critical and hands-on mentality
- Excellent communication skills
- Additional training in CPA / CISA / CIA, experience with GRC tooling and experience in an international (investment management) setting is a plus as well as experience in financial and/or portfolio risk management
- Fluency in English is required for this role, Dutch would be an advantage
Are you interested in joining our client? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 0630400141