Do you want to make impact by presenting the outcomes of your clever analyses and results to senior management? Are you ready to take on the challenge to further improve the quality of my clients key figures? Join my client!
As an Senior Risk Manager, you play a key role in the assurance to be given on the organization’s Technical Provisions. As the Technical Provisions form a key items within the organization’s solvency, this role requires a large responsibility and excellent analytical and communicative skills.
In addition, you deliver high-quality input to the second-line assessment of the control of underwriting risks, reinsurance and adequate pricing of products. You will deliver a strategic contribution towards Risk Management. In the near future IFRS17 can be a part of your job. In your activities you will cooperate frequently with other teams within the second line, e.g. Model Validation or Financial Risk Management.
As Senior Risk Manager you have broad knowledge of pensions, life and non-life products. In addition, you are able to analyse complex problems, form your opinion and you are able to substantiate this opinion clearly and accurately and share it with (senior) management as well as the external auditor. You handle stakeholders professionally and you can be convincing and persistent in your judgement. You can operate flexibly in a dynamic environment. In addition you possess:
- Actuarial education or a completed quantitative university education (e.g. econometrics, (technical) mathematics);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a comparable position at a financial institution, preferably an insurance company;
- knowledge of and experience with Solvency II;
- affinity with financial processes (actuarial, financial risk management, accounting, control)
- high level of proficiency in English and Dutch (both written and verbal);
- the ability to communicate complex actuarial matters to stakeholders in word and writing in a short, concise and clear manner.
- The ability to gather, research, compare and analyze complex data models and develop clear logical interpretation and application.
About the department
The Underwriting Risk Management (URM) Department is part of Risk Management & Compliance. URM is responsible for the monitoring and assessment of the underwriting risks and risk control measures, which were implemented by the first line. The objective is that the risk exposure of the organization is such that it contributes to the realisation of the business targets and is acceptable to the relevant stakeholders, e.g. customers, employees, investors and supervisory authorities.
Are you interested in joining our client? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 0630400141