For my client I am looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join their team in the Amsterdam office to help them prevent, advise and supervise compliance risks.
About the job
You will have a lot of freedom in executing your role. You will join a team of six senior and junior colleagues who are eager to learn and are very supportive of each other. Financial Markets activities can be complex and demanding so they help my client grow in a responsible and compliant way.
The Compliance Department operates independently within the organization to minimize overall compliance risk. The department assists the first line of defense in relation to their compliance risk management. Additionally, they will also challenge the first line and function as a safeguard to mitigate any compliance risks which may not have been foreseen by the first line.
The department also responsible for the Compliance Risk Framework as part of the internal control that ensures that my client demonstrably complies with applicable laws, regulations and standards.
What you will be responsible for:
- Sparring partner for the business, both in an advising/supporting role and in a challenging role.
- Providing compliance input linked to strategic changes/proposals related to Markets business and/or its products.
- Provide Compliance Risk Analyses.
- You will monitor and report on the progress of actions undertaken and the introduction of such controls and their effects.
- Together with the business, mitigate regulatory risk, help maintain and develop a strong compliance culture and manage/implement regulatory reform(s).
- Creating awareness for compliance risks and the right conduct and culture.
- In addition to support the daily business activities, there is also participation and assisting with wider activities of the Compliance program. This includes, amongst others, facilitating and reviewing risk assessments, providing advice and opinions on a variety of (Compliance related) topics, developing and providing training, participating in policy writing and reviews, incident handling and reporting.
They are looking for you if you have:
- experience in a similar role with specific knowledge of compliance and business processes.
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Deep practical expertise of European financial rules and regulations (MiFID II / MiFIR / MAD / MAR)
- Affinity with complex financial products and investing in financial instruments.
- “Out of the box” mindset, pragmatic thinking
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Confidentiality, resilience, and integrity.
- Very good analytical and conceptual skills combined with strong judgment capabilities
- Risk awareness, analytical thinking, sense of responsibility and ownership.
- A challenging full-time job in an international and fast-growing company
- A competitive salary
- Relevant certification and education
- A lot of freedom executing your role and a chance to shape your own career
- The opportunity to participate in a new, enthusiastic team of likeminded professionals.
Are you interested in joining our client? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier @ email@example.com or 0630400141
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuur je je sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org