Are you looking for a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Do you want to work at one of the largest Dutch financial institutions? Join my client as a Senior Financial Risk Manager.
Risk Management is responsible for fulfilling the second line risk function. The department develops and manages the company-wide risk and control framework, which is an integrated whole of all material risks within this organization. Within this domain, FRM is responsible to manage the financial risks.
As Senior Financial Risk Manager you are responsible for reviewing and monitoring of all financial risks. You assess if these risks are within our risk appetite, and take the appropriate actions to mitigate the risks when needed. You actively participate in discussion and advise management accordingly. At times, the discussions will go beyond the financial risk domain and may cover some of the other risk areas as well (operational, underwriting, compliance).
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Identifying financial risks that are emerging on our balance sheets
- Defining the risk strategy, risk limits, and risk appetite for all entities
- Monitoring compliance with all financial risk policies, and advising policy update working groups
- Assessing model changes, mainly related to SII and IFRS reporting
- Reviewing investments plan and hedging strategies
- Monitoring the performance of the hedging programs
- Reporting periodically on the financial risk profile of the organization to the Board of Directors and other internal stakeholders
As Senior Financial Risk Manager you are able to analyze complex problems. You are able to test solutions and to sharpen things up. You formulate and substantiate your advice and insights carefully. You also have an excellent sense of relationships and you enjoy working together with others. Finally you pay attention to quality and you are proactive in your approach. Furthermore, you have the following qualifications:
- Completed Master’s degree in econometrics, physics mathematics or actuarial.
- Knowledge of and experience with credit or market risks and in particular Solvency II.
- Affinity with financial and insurance processes.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in speech and writing.
- Persistent, convincing, decisive, initiative-oriented, solution-oriented and organization-conscious.
- Connecting and focused on cooperation.
- Works in a structured way, is able to structure and to keep an overview of a complex domain and a large range of tasks.
- Able to analyze complex problems.
Are you interested in joining our client? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier @ email@example.com or 0630400141