Are you passioned about liquidity risk frameworks and do you get enthusiastic about working at a very entrepreneurial online bank? We`ve got the perfect job for you!
The Market Risk Management (MRM) department facilitates the implementation of a sound risk management framework for interest rate risk and liquidity risk throughout the organization based on a holistic view. MRM as part of the second line of defense also challenges and assists in the implementation of market risk management measures by the business in order to ensure that the process and controls in place are properly designed and effective.
The banking industry is changing rapidly, and therefore the organization is always on the move to keep up with market demands as well as customer expectations. Because of that, the MRM team is constantly involved in monitoring and challenging the interest rate and liquidity risk positions of the organization as well as adherence to relevant regulation. When they learn, they adapt and in order to do so in a proper way we look to enhance their team with a dedicated liquidity risk management professional.
Your main responsibilities;
- You will be a senior member of the Market Risk Management team, fully responsible for the liquidity risk framework. You can make the difference;
- Represent the team on liquidity risk related topics and, where and when applicable, MRM as a whole in internal and external meetings and committees;
- Supervise team members on specific tasks such as reporting, policy updates, methodology updates and reviews;
- Take ownership for building and maintaining the liquidity risk framework;
- Support the improvement of the bank’s liquidity risk management function;
- Support and oversee the liquidity infrastructure in the ALM tool, take initiative to improve and maintain;
- Perform a review on proposals from ALM, like the fundingplan;
- Monitor liquidity management performance and report to the ALCO;
- Provide best practices on liquidity risk management across the team and broader within the risk domain;
- Familiar with the regulatory and macroeconomic environment and the latest changes, as well as able to provide opinions and advice on potential impact and development work to be done related to such changes.
The Market Risk Management team consists of dedicated risk specialists; who from a second line perspective maintain the market risk framework of the bank. In this we work closely together with other teams within the bank. If you join the Risk Management team you will work together with ambitious colleagues and we will provide you with a stimulating environment. The MRM team is part of the Risk and Compliance department. As Senior Market Risk Manager you report to the Head of Market Risk Management.
We are looking for a motivated individual with ambitions to grow in the field of market risk. More specifically, we look for the following requirements:
- An academic degree in a quantitative or financial discipline (e.g. econometrics, artificial intelligence, mathematics or physics); preferably you hold a risk certification (e.g. FRM);
- A minimum 7+ years of experience in market risk, liquidity risk or treasury;
- Experience in liquidity risk, leadership skills and the ability to motivate team members in order to successfully complete projects;
- Experience with all of the following is preferred: ILAAP, liquidity reporting (LCR, NSFR, ALMM, AER), Stress Testing models;
- Team player who can adapt and learn at a quick pace and is able to coach team members;
- Strong stakeholder management skills, comfortable challenging internal and external stakeholders to ensure a smooth process in, for example; model validation, internal and external audits and the regulator’s review.
Are you interested in joining our client? We look forward to receiving your cv. For more information about the role, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 0630400141