Do you want to contribute to keeping the processes of my client safe and efficient? Are you passionate about making complex problem simple and coming up with pragmatic solutions to mitigate risks within a small innovative bank? Then this is the perfect job for you!
As (Senior) Operational Risk Manager you will join the second line ORM Team. As member of a second line team your responsibilities include developing and implementing risk policies and guidelines, implementing regulations, raise risk awareness, advise on, and challenge the outcome of risk assessments and control testing, monitor and report on the operational risk profile within the organization. You can be the ORM contact for any of the domains in the organization.
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate who has the ambition to increase the data quality in the core systems, communication channels and data. You have affinity with IT and data driven risks. Topics you should be familiar with are risk appetite setting, calculation of Operational Risk Capital, scenario analysis, Information security, cyber risk management, business continuity management, business process modeling, third party risk management and data quality management. Knowledge of banking regulations such as WfT and CRD, as well as of standards and regulations such as ISO, COBIT, Swift, Target2, GDPR and ISAE is expected. Experience with the implementation of GRC tooling is a plus.
The Operational Risk Management team (ORM) consists of 4 dedicated risk specialists in the second line, who maintain the operational risk framework of the bank. You will work closely with other teams within the bank and report to the Head of ORM. The ORM team is part of the Risk and Compliance team and reports directly to the CRO of the bank.
You are a Dutch resident. As (Senior) Operational Risk Manager, you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and result oriented. At the same time you are able to coach and advise other colleagues. You have strong communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders. You combine strong analytical skills with proven influencing and relationship management skills, and you are able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement. Furthermore you have an excellent practical understanding of, and experience with operational risk management.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- You think and operate on an academic level supported by a master’s degree, in for example Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or IT;
- you have demonstrable affinity with Operational and/or IT risk management;
- At least 5 years’ experience in operational risk management, for example in a risk or audit function, in a complex or IT driven environment;
- A strong understanding of ORM practices and techniques including experience in the development and implementation of risk policies and risk tooling;
- A good knowledge and understanding of financial and banking regulations such as WfT, CRD, EBA guidelines;
- Experience in a supervised financial institution is a plus;
- You are comfortable with a constantly changing environment.
Are you interested in joining our client? We look forward to receiving your cv. For more information about the role, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 0630400141
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuur je je sollicitatie naar email@example.com