Are you passionate about solving complex puzzles and coming up with pragmatic solutions which enhance the (credit) risk management function of a small innovative bank then join my client as a Senior Risk Manager Credit Modelling
The Credit Risk Management (CRM) department facilitates the implementation of a sound risk management framework throughout the organization and further identifies, monitors, analyses, measures, manages and reports on all credit risks and forms a holistic view on all these risks. CRM as the second line function also challenges and assists in the implementation of credit risk management measures by the business in order to ensure that the process and controls in place at the first line of defence are properly designed and effective.
The banking industry is changing rapidly, and therefore my client is also always on the move to keep in pace with market demands as well as customer expectations. Because of that, the CRM team is involved in run as well as change; on a daily basis they monitor and challenge the credit risk positions as well as adherence to relevant regulation. They look to enhance their team with a dedicated Risk Manager Credit Modelling.
Your main responsibilities;
- You will be a key member of a team of risk modellers, fully responsible for the delivery of all credit risk models (IFRS9, Economic Capital, Stress Testing);
- Represent the credit risk modelling team and, where and when applicable, CRM as a whole in internal and external meetings and committees;
- Work together with colleagues on specific tasks such as model development methodology, model performance testing, back testing, sensitivity analysis and coding; reviewing documentations and code changes post development;
- Take ownership for building and maintaining (credit risk) models;
- Support the improvement of the bank’s model development policy;
- Support the (credit risk) model lifecycle e.g. take responsibility to defend the model development during the model validation process;
- Monitor model performance and report to the model risk committee;
- Comply to the model risk management framework withing the bank;
- Provide best practices on risk management across the CRM team and broader within the risk domain;
- Familiar with the regulatory and macroeconomic environment and the latest changes, able to provide opinions and advice on potential impact and development work to be done related to such changes.
The Credit Risk Management team (CRM) consists of 9 dedicated risk specialists; who from a second line perspective maintain the credit risk framework of the bank. In this we work closely with other teams within the bank. Joining the Risk team you work together with ambitious colleagues and we provide you with a stimulating environment. The CRM team is part of the Risk and Compliance department. As Risk Manager Credit Modelling you report to the Head of Credit Risk Management.
My client is looking for a motivated professional with ambitions to grow in the field of credit risk. More specifically, please check if you can tick the box on the following requirements:
- An academic degree (MSc or PhD) in a quantitative or finance discipline (e.g. econometrics, artificial intelligence, mathematics or physics);
- A minimum 6+ years of experience in credit risk;
- Experience in credit risk modelling and also have skills and the ability to work together with team members in order to successfully complete projects;
- Experience with all of the following is preferred: IFRS9, Economic Capital models, and Stress Testing models;
- Experience in programming languages suited for doing statistical and data analysis, such as Python, SAS, R, and/or MATLAB; able to do code reviews;
- Team player who can adapt and learn at a quick pace;
- Comfortable defending models to ensure they pass the validation, internal and external audits and the regulator’s review.
- Being able to translate model outputs in meaningful information for risk management purposes
Are you interested in joining our client? We look forward to receiving your cv. For more information about the role, you can contact Patricia Koekenbier @ email@example.com or 0630400141